This 1 day workshop (on the 23rd of January 2015) will be an intensive event where we lead you through a series of exercises to help you explore different ways of approaching and thinking about your testing.
A Practical Workshop
This is not a testing theory workshop. This is a hands on, practical workshop.
If you ever wanted a workshop where you could be coached by some of the most experienced exploratory testers in the UK, and where you could get hands on and test real software rather than toy examples. Then this is the workshop for you.
You will test, think about your testing, and be challenged to test in new ways.
Your instructors will all have extensively tested the application prior to the workshop. They can offer insights on your test approach from experience, and their test sessions. We will compare notes.
It’s like pair testing, but in a group of incredibly motivated and experienced testers all thinking working to improve.
We have limited the number of attendees to 32 people. This will allow us to work closely with you and make it a much more immersive and valuable event. This also means that if you want to attend, you should get in early before the places are gone.
Four World Renowned Instructors
We have joined together to bring our individual experience, knowledge and skill sets in order to bring this unique and variable workshop to you.
One Unique Workshop
We believe this is a unique workshop for a number of reasons:
- 4 instructors - this gives you the chance to get 4 different opinions and 4 different perspectives.
- The instructors have varied backgrounds and each will bring different approaches and ways of thinking.
- Practicality is the name of the game. You will think, you will test, you will use tools (where it makes sense to use them), you will diagnose, you will report.
- We will share how we do things, such as sharing our testing sessions.
- Each workshop will differ as we focus on different techniques and approaches
- Every workshop takes a different application under test
- Prior to every workshop we will have tested the application
We will take a system and potentially looking at:
- sharing tips about deeper observation e.g. using proxies
- discussing in-browser development tools
- different kinds and types of tools we use
- css tricks and tips
- how do we prep?
- keeping track of what you’ve done
- our different thought processess
- automation suitablity
- work on design
- work on strategy
- work on modelling
- how deep do we diagnose?
- should we even try?
- how do we report what/how we diagnosed?
- what for who
Unspeakable Secret Benefits
We will also-
- mock each other for not trying techniques
- discuss and compare different ways of keeping testing notes
- sharing examples
- experimenting with different methods
- where possible discuss examples we’ve come across in our work
- discuss and answer questions with four different perspectives
- give you the potential to improve your testing skills
- give you the potential improve your technical skills
Secure Your Place On The Workshop
Make sure you get in on this unique workshop. Register now.